I perform some of the following surgical procedures every week in Cambridge:
Arthroscopic (‘keyhole’) Surgery
- Arthroscopic menisectomy, chondroplasty, micro-fracture and synovectomy.
- Arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using mainly hamstring autograft. Image guided. Remnant preserving.
- Arthroscopic posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and multi-ligament reconstruction of the knee.
- Revision ligament reconstruction of the knee.
Open Knee Surgery
- Uni-compartmental replacement using the Oxford Partial Knee by Zimmer Biomet. Cementless. Microplasty.
- Total knee replacement, specialising in cementless (hydroxyapatite-coated) design using the Genesis II System by Smith and Nephew.
- Patello-femoral surgery including realignment and replacement (Avon Knee).
- Osteotomies around the knee.
- Revision total knee replacement.
- Trauma reconstruction of the knee.
I hold outpatient clinics at The Nuffield and/or Spire Hospitals in Cambridge every week.
@ Nuffield Hospital on Monday and Wednesday AM.
@ Spire Hospital on Thursday PM, Wednesdays PM and Tuesday AM.
Emergency Knee Clinics
- I hold an emergency knee clinic on a Monday morning at The Nuffield Hospital, Cambridge, intended for urgent sports-related and other knee problems including knee fracture sustained over the week-end.
- Ski Injuries: contacting the Cambridge Knee Clinic directly, following any injury sustained abroad, will enable rapid assessment and care: 01223 253 763. email@example.com. We will call you back whilst you are abroad.
Charges for self-pay patients
The charge for a new consultation is £260 (30 mins/as needed) and that for a follow-up is £165 (20 mins/as needed). Patients receive a copy of the clinic note detailing their symptoms, examination findings, results of scans/x-rays, as well as a diagnosis and treatment plan. Please note that costs for x-rays, scans and any surgery are separate. I will seek the lowest rates for any scans or surgery for my self-pay patients.