I perform some of the following surgical procedures every week in Cambridge:
Arthroscopic (‘keyhole’) Surgery
- Arthroscopic menisectomy, chondroplasty, micro-fracture and synovectomy.
- Arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using mainly hamstring autograft. Image guided. Remnant preserving.
- Arthroscopic posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and multi-ligament reconstruction of the knee.
- Revision ligament reconstruction of the knee.
Open Knee Surgery
- Uni-compartmental replacement using the Oxford Partial Knee by Zimmer Biomet. Cementless. Microplasty.
- Total knee replacement, specialising in cementless (hydroxyapatite-coated) design using the Genesis II System by Smith and Nephew.
- Patello-femoral surgery including realignment and replacement (Avon Knee).
- Osteotomies around the knee.
- Revision total knee replacement.
- Trauma reconstruction of the knee.
I hold outpatient clinics at The Nuffield and/or Spire Hospitals in Cambridge every week.
@ Nuffield Hospital on Monday and Wednesday AM.
@ Spire Hospital on Thursday PM, Wednesdays PM and Tuesday AM.
Emergency Knee Clinics
- I hold an emergency knee clinic on a Monday morning at The Nuffield Hospital, Cambridge, intended for urgent sports-related and other knee problems including knee fracture sustained over the week-end.
- Ski Injuries: contacting the Cambridge Knee Clinic directly, following any injury sustained abroad, will enable rapid assessment and care: Call 01223 253 763. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will call you back whilst you are abroad.
Charges for self-pay patients
The charge for a new consultation is £260 (30 mins/as needed) and that for a follow-up is £165 (20 mins/as needed). Patients receive a copy of the clinic note detailing their symptoms, examination findings, results of scans/x-rays, as well as a diagnosis and treatment plan. Please note that costs for x-rays, scans and any surgery are separate. I will seek the lowest rates for any scans or surgery for my self-pay patients.
Free Knee Surgery at Private Hospitals in Cambridge
Through the NHS e-referral system (formerly called ‘Choose and Book’), UK citizens are entitled to operations at a variety of private hospitals in the UK. Totally free of charge, this service is not known to most people.
Knee replacements, ligament reconstruction and arthroscopic cartilage surgery are all undertaken by me, free of charge, at both private hospitals in Cambridge.
Please contact your GP or physiotherapist for more details. Or contact The Cambridge Knee Clinic. Please note, certain restrictions apply.